There are several ways to contribute to RISE UP:
- Donate Your Time – Serve as a Volunteer on one of our Action Teams:
- Visit Our Leadership page for Contact Information
- Make a Tax Deductible Monetary Donation:
- Write Checks to “RISE UP” and mail to
508 Green Pond Road
Rockaway, NJ 07866
- Write Checks to “RISE UP” and mail to
- Become a Business Sponsor:
- Local Businesses donate $100 and are acknowledged on all RISE UP informative documents!
98% of all donations go directly to individuals and families in need!
RISE UP Team Descriptions
- There shall be a Finance Team to oversee all accounting functions and accounting reports, including budget preparation, grant writing, the recording of all receipts and disbursements of funds, maintaining requirements for the internal and external auditing procedures, and other functions normally associated with the smooth and efficient financial operation of the entity. The Finance Team reports directly to the Board of Trustees and the President.
- There shall be a Marketing Team responsible for generating community awareness of this entity and its endeavors through the creation and maintenance of a web site, promotional flyers and informative documents intended for distribution to the community at- large including, but not limited to, newspaper press releases and other media contacts intended for local, state-wide, and national distribution. The Marketing Team will assist in the promotion of various fund-raising endeavors as well and will report to the Board of Trustees and the President.
- There shall be a Clothing and Furniture Supply Team providing the direct supervision and implementation of all efforts to distribute clothing, laundry supplies, laundry assistance, and furniture to needy individuals of the wider community including, but not limited to, the current endeavors of the local “Laundry Love” organization and the “Interfaith Furnishings” organization, both of Rockaway, NJ. This team will report to the Executive Director.
- There shall be a Food Resource Team providing the direct supervision and implementation of all efforts to distribute food and other nutritional sustenance to needy individuals of the community including, but not limited to, local food pantry services, food rescue operations, the distribution of fresh produce, the creation and maintenance of any and all community gardens associated with this organization, the efficient maintenance of local programs and activities which provide direct meals (breakfast, and/or lunch, and/or dinner) served directly to recipients and housed in any of this entity’s authorized food distribution venues. The Food Resource Team will report to the Executive Director.
- There shall be a Health and Wellness Team providing the direct supervision and implementation of all efforts addressing the health and wellness of those receiving relief from this entity including, but not limited to, blood pressure screenings and other “vital signs” screenings offered by qualified health care professionals authorized by this entity, community-offered exercise programs, community-offered health and wellness education programs, nutritional counseling programs for individuals, families, and communities, etc. The Health and Wellness Team will also work to ensure that the impoverished receive adequate transportation to
and from medical and dental appointments, and shall work to provide a 24-Hour hotline telephone assistance to address the emergency needs of the impoverished as they may develop. The Food Resource Team will report to the Executive Director.
- There shall be an Employment Counseling Team providing the direct supervision and implementation of all efforts addressing those in the community who are unemployed or under-employed. The efforts of the Employment Counseling Team include, but are not limited to, teaching, instructing, and coaching recipients on job seeking skills, interview training skills, job performance skills, resume writing, successful completion and follow-through of employment applications, and the creation of personal/family financial budgeting. This team will strive to maintain a workable and accessible community phone number and mailing address, provided by this entity, for those currently homeless who are attempting to maintain contacts with current and/or future “potential” employers. The Employment Counseling Team will report to the Executive Director.
- There shall be a Behavioral Health and Family Support Team providing the direct supervision and implementation of all efforts addressing, but not limited to, community needs for qualified behavioral therapists and/or other health care professionals who can provide pro-bono or sliding scale fees for services rendered. These professionals shall offer general psychotherapy services, crisis counseling services, parenting training seminars, couples therapy, grief therapy, support groups, addiction intervention counseling and support, and other services contributing to the overall behavioral well-being of the local destitute. The Behavioral Health and Family Support Team will report to the Executive Director.